Thursday, March 29, 2007

Who asked Himesh to sing?

I guess the answer is no one. He just sings by himself for himself and of himself (whatever that means). He has a big misconception that he can sing. Why can’t he just stick to composing music (without his voice, which is rare these days), which would be a little excusable? I just fail to understand how the producers put money on him. I am sure it is making business sense for them to do so. So if they are able to make money it means that people are buying his music and appreciating it. So ultimately it boils down to the common man.
Every time I hear him sing I cannot but feel sorry for his ignorance. I just cannot understand how he is surviving in the market. May be market just wants substandard quality of music. He behaves very weirdly whenever he talks to the media too. He talks as if he has done it all. Over and above he compares himself with other great singers. I cannot understand, on one side we have people like Amitabh who after achieving everything in life still remain humble and on the other we have people like Himesh who beat their own drum. It is very apt that empty vessels make lot of noise.
I am sure his music will not live for more than 2 years. Like many other things this is just a phase that will pass very soon but till that time I would just have to bear him or change the channel whenever possible.

No comments:

Tags

Followers